8 Healthy Snacks – Savory Ideas
I’m back with more great snack ideas that are healthy, under 200 calories each and will fill you up with lots of fiber and protein! Yesterday I shared this collection of 11 Sweet Snacks that are healthy, but today we are going to talk about the savory side of snacking. Grab some Solo portion cups and snack bags and you will have wholesome snacks you can throw in a cooler when you are on the go or store in your mini fridge to satisfy your mid-afternoon munchies!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter HERE to keep up with our latest recipes!
1. Roasted Turkey & Hummus Cucumber Bites – Top a slice of cucumber with a tablespoon of your favorite hummus and a piece of roasted turkey for an easy protein packed snack!
3 Cucumber Bites: Calories- 124 Fat – 6 Carbs – 8 Fiber – 2 Sugar – 0 Protein – 10
2. Cucumber Feta Bites – Fine the recipe HERE! These tangy little bites are crunchy and creamy and oh so delicious!
4 Crackers: Calories- 145 Fat – 8 Carbs – 17 Fiber – 3 Sugar – 5 Protein – 4
3. Pastrami Cheese Sticks – Wrap a cheese stick in a savory slice of pastrami or your favorite lunch meat for a quick afternoon snack to fill you up without any carbs. I used pepper jack cheese for an added kick!
Calories- 116 Fat – 9 Carbs – 0 Fiber – 0 Sugar – 0 Protein – 9
4. Hummus Chicken Salad with Crackers – Mix a 1/2 c. roasted white meat chicken with 1/2 c. of your favorite hummus, 1/4 c. of chopped green onions and a dash of salt.. I prefer a bolder hummus variety for more flavor in this simple recipe. Snack on the chicken salad with whole grain crackers and you have a satisfying snack in a matter of minutes!
1/3 c. Chicken Salad with 5 Crackers: Calories- 181 Fat – 9 Carbs – 16 Fiber – 2 Sugar – 2 Protein –10
5. California Turkey Rolls – Using a large piece of romaine lettuce, roll a 2oz. slice of roasted turkey, 1/2 oz. pepper jack cheese, slices of red pepper and 1/5 of an avocado. Add a tiny bit if Dijon mustard for a little zing. Mash a tiny but of the avocado and use it to seal the ends of the lettuce together in a neat little roll. These low-carb rolls are a refreshing and easy snack any time of year!
Calories – 195 Fat – 10 Carbs – 5 Fiber – 3 Sugar – 2 Protein – 21
6. BBQ Chicken & Cheese Bites – Mix 1/4 c. rotisserie chicken meat cubed with 2 Tbsp. of your favorite BBQ sauce and a dash of salt. Top 4 slices of cucumber with half a wedge of Light Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread each and a tablespoon of BBQ chicken mixture. This combo is also great on whole-grain crackers!
Calories – 157 Fat – 4 Carbs – 9 Fiber – 0 Sugar – 7 Protein – 15
7. Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad – In a small bowl with a lid, combine 1 can of light tuna in water drained, 1/4 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp chili powder and 2 Tbsp pickles, diced. Enjoy with slices of cucumber or your favorite cracker.
1/4 c. Tuna Salad with 5 Whole Grain Crackers: Calories – 172 Fat – 6 Carbs – 16 Fiber – 1 Sugar – 3 Protein – 14
8. Club Triscuits – Top your favorite Triscuit (mine is the Roasted Sweet Onion!) with a slice of cucumber or pickle, 1 oz. roasted turkey, 1/2 oz. pepper jack cheese and a 1/4 tsp. of Dijon mustard each. These mini open-faced sandwiches are a wholesome treat you will love!
4 Topped Crackers: Calories – 195 Fat – 8 Carbs – 17 Fiber – 2 Sugar – 1 Protein – 14
Christina Aleman says
These recipes are great to serve for kids to enjoy. Excellent recipes kids and their friends are going to enjoy eating.