Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake is filled with leeks, bacon, asparagus and extra sharp white cheddar for a flavor packed dinner that is so good, you won’t believe it is lightened up! By making your own sauce and using lean chicken and the protein packed super food, quinoa, you get a hearty meal heavy on nutrients and light on fat.
This meal makes a great make-ahead dinner option. Mix it up, toss it in the refrigerator and throw it in the oven when you are ready for your meal. Whether you are bringing a meal to a friend or prepping dinner for your spouse when you have to work late, this dinner makes a complete meal everyone will love.
Another reason I love this casserole so much, is that you can easily change it up by swapping out a few ingredients. Instead of asparagus, try out some broccoli or spinach and give goat cheese or Gruyere a try for a little variety. I promise you, that after you make this once, you will want to make it again and again!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter HERE to keep up with our latest recipes!
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. milk
- ½ c. Masa corn flour (you can substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken seasoning
- ¾ c. uncooked quinoa
- ½ lb. chicken, cut in small strips
- ½ c. cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ c. leeks, chopped
- 1½ c. asparagus, cut in 2" pieces
- ⅔ c. extra sharp white cheddar, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the chicken broth and flour until smooth and cook for a minute. Add the milk and garlic seasoning and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- In a large bowl, fold together the sauce with the quinoa, chicken, bacon, leeks and asparagus and pour into a 10"x10" sprayed baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 40-50 minutes covered until the quinoa is sprouted and the chicken is no longer pink. Serve immediately.