Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake is healthy and flavorful dinner casserole made with leeks, bacon and sharp white cheddar cheese.
Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake is filled with leeks, bacon, asparagus and extra sharp white cheddar for a flavor packed dinner that is so good, you won’t believe it is lightened up! In addition to all the flavorful components, it is packed with lean chicken and the protein packed super food, quinoa. Along with a homemade sauce, you get a hearty meal heavy on nutrients and light on fat. There are no cans of processed cream soups in this recipe!
Quinoa Bake Recipe Video
This meal makes a great make-ahead dinner option. Mix it up, toss it in the refrigerator the night before and you can throw it in the oven when you get home from work the next day. You will have dinner on the table in less than an hour and more time to spend with your family after work! Whether you are bringing a meal to a friend or prepping dinner for your spouse when you have to work late, this dinner makes a complete healthy meal everyone will love.
Chicken & Quinoa Bake
Another reason I love this Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake so much, is that you can easily change up the casserole by swapping out a few ingredients. Instead of asparagus, try out some broccoli or spinach and give goat cheese or Gruyere a try for a little variety in flavor. I promise you, that after you make this once, you will want to make it again and again!
Quinoa bakes are a healthy and delicious alternative to your Mom’s casseroles, but provide the same comforting meal. This Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bake and Pizza Stuffed Chicken Quinoa Bake are both great takes on this lightened up version of hotdish.
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter HERE to keep up with our latest recipes!
Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. Masa corn flour you can substitute all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken seasoning
- 3/4 c. uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 lb. chicken cut in small strips
- 1/2 c. cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/2 c. leeks chopped
- 1 1/2 c. asparagus cut in 2" pieces
- 2/3 c. extra sharp white cheddar shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the chicken broth and flour until smooth and cook for a minute. Add the milk and garlic seasoning and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- In a large bowl, fold together the sauce with the quinoa, chicken, bacon, leeks and asparagus and pour into a 10"x10" sprayed baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 40-50 minutes covered until the quinoa is sprouted and the chicken is no longer pink. Serve immediately.