Chipotle Southwest Veggie Pizza is a spicy twist on the classic a cold vegetable pizza with a creamy chipotle sauce topped with tomatoes, grilled sweet corn, red onions and a sharp Manchego cheese!
Chipotle Southwest Veggie Pizza
Classic veggie pizza is one of my favorite summer treats. I take issue with making the same old thing over and over though, so naturally when I was in charge of bringing lunch, I had to put a twist on the old favorite! I started with a parmesan crusted pizza dough and topped it with a creamy chipotle mixture, charred sweet corn, tomatoes, red onion and sharp Manchego cheese.
My picky husband was excited when I told him I was making veggie pizza. Then I told him how I was changing it and he whined like a little baby, “Whyyyyy can’t you just make normal food?!”. Lol, this is basically the story of our lives when it comes to cooking. He was so bummed that he wasn’t getting the classic veggie pizza.
When lunch rolled around, he begrudgingly tried a piece to start the meal. I was secretly watching him to gauge his reaction. The stubborn man he is, didn’t say anything, BUT 5 minutes into the meal, I saw him quietly sneaking another piece. BAM! He liked it! I win! 🙂
Of course I had to do a little happy dance and rub it in that I was right and he would like it. All that is to say, this is a fantastic new twist on the vegetable pizza you really need to try. It makes a great snack when you are hosting friends or a delicious vegetarian meal for Meatless Monday.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 pkt. ranch seasoning
- 1 chipotle in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 tube thin crust pizza dough
- ½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. shredded manchego (or substitute shredded parmesan cheese)
- 2 ears of sweet corn, grilled
- 1½ c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ c. red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400° and place your pizza stone or pan in the oven while the oven is preheating.
- When the oven is ready, remove the pizza stone and spray it with non-stick pan spray. Unroll the pizza crust on the counter and transfer it to the pizza stone. Top the crust with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it is golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl using a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning and chipotle until smooth and well blended.
- Top the cooled crust with the cream cheese mixture, sweet corn, tomatoes, onion and Manchego cheese. Serve immediately and store leftovers refrigerated.