Balsamic Glazed Bacon Wrapped Squash start with butternut squash spears wrapped in bacon and are baked to crispy perfection and finished off with balsamic glaze for the ultimate 3 ingredient appetizer or side dish recipe that is sure to be a hit at your holiday meal!
Balsamic Glazed Bacon Wrapped Squash
The combination of sweet and salty is one of the best there is! From Peanut Butter and Chocolate, to Goat Cheese and Honey, the mix of flavors creates a party on your palate and is absolutely delicious! This Balsamic Glazed Bacon Wrapped Squash is no exception and certainly does not disappoint. The sweet butternut squash is wrapped in crispy bacon and finished off with a balsamic glaze for a prolific combination that is a must-try for your holiday gathering!
If you have the time and don’t mind smelling up your house, you can make your own balsamic reduction on the stove top. I used to make it often, but then my local grocery store started stocking a bottled balsamic glaze. It tastes just as good and is a million times easier to make. With the introduction of this easy access to balsamic glaze, I add it to ALL.THE.THINGS!
Now whip out your sharpest knife and get ready for a mini workout peeling and slicing that butternut squash. In the end, I promise your it is worth every effort with the end result being these decadent Balsamic Glazed Bacon Wrapped Squash!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 12 oz. pkg. bacon (NOT thick sliced)
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and top with a baking rack. (cooling rack)
- Cut the peeled squash into ¾ inch thick X 3 inch long spears. Wrap the squash spears with ½ piece bacon and secure with a toothpick. Arrange on the baking rack over the sheet pan.
- Bake at 450° for 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the bacon) or until the bacon is crispy. Remove from the oven and arrange on a serving platter. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.