Airfryer Ham & Three Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes are a hearty 30 minute dinner recipe using up leftover ham!
Airfryer Ham & Three Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice baked potatoes have been a longstanding family favorite. Whether it is a traditional potato or something unique like these Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes, they are a creamy and hearty dish I love. My mom seldom made them for us growing up because they can be a tad bit time consuming. With the help of the Airfryer, microwave and leftover ham, we are cutting back the cooking time from hours to just 30 minutes with these Airfryer Ham & Three Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes!
If you are watching your waistline, you can lighten things up by using non-fat plain Greek yogurt like I did with these healthier Light BBQ Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes. Or you can indulge in the rich creamy goodness of sour cream. Each ingredient has it’s place depending on who you are cooking for. For these creamy Airfryer Ham & Three Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes I opted for the indulgent sour cream and whole milk. It adds an extra richness to the recipe with the lean leftover ham that tastes just amazing.
You could take the extra time to bake your potatoes in the Airfryer for 35-40 minutes, buy why waste the time when you can just pop them in the microwave for 10 minutes? With a recipe like this full of cheese and cream, you will never notice the difference, so spare the hassle and save yourself some time!
This recipe calls for 4 potatoes which makes 8 twice baked potatoes. My Phillips Airfryer only accommodates 4 potato halves so I either need to bake them in two batches or save half the recipe for a later time, which I prefer to do. These are great to make ahead of time and pop in the oven or Airfryer for a last minute easy weeknight dinner. I love how it crisps up the ham a little bit on the edges and really brings out it’s smokey flavor.
I make a few for myself and my husband and then store the remaining potatoes in the refrigerator for later in the week or sometimes even freeze them in ziploc bags for the future. If you have an XL Airfryer, you should be able to nestle all of the potatoes in one batch.
I see people lining the bottom of their Airfryer trays with tinfoil or parchment, but this is a big mistake you want to avoid. When you do that, you loose a lot of the benefits of the air circulation and things don’t crisp up as well. As for removing the Airfryer Ham & Three Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes from your tray, use two spoons and careful scoop them out. Be sure not to burn your hands on the hot Airfryer drawer!
If you don’t have an Airfryer, don’t fret. You can still make this delicious recipe to use up your leftover ham. Just pop these in a standard oven for 20 minutes to bake.
- 4 medium baker potatoes
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¾ c. milk
- ⅔ c. white cheddar, grated
- ½ c. grated Parmesan
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- 1½ c. diced ham
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar, shredded
- ⅓ c. green onion, chopped
- Poke each potato 2 inches deep with a knife three times. Microwave the potatoes for 5 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and microwave for an additional 5 minutes, or until they are soft.
- Using an oven mitten to protect your hand from the hot potato, slice them in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a ¼ inch of potato on the edges.
- In a small bowl, mash the potatoes and add the sour cream, Parmesan, White Cheddar and garlic salt. Fill the potato skins with the mashed potato mixture and using the back of a spoon, form a divot in the center. Fill each divot with 3 Tablespoons of diced ham.
- Arrange 4 potato skins in a small Airfryer or 8 in an XL Airfryer. (If using a regular smaller Airfryer, you will have to do these in 2 batches, or if you are a small family like myself, refrigerate the other half for another meal before baking!)
- Bake at 300° in the Airfryer for 8 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar and bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with diced green onions.