Three Cheese Bacon & Jalapeño Pasta is a rich pasta bake with a creamy cheese sauce infused with spicy jalapeño and garlic, topped with bacon for a delicious dinner idea the whole family will love.
Three Cheese Bacon & Jalapeño Pasta
If you were looking for a light and healthy dinner, I apologize in advance, but this is not it. Not in any way, shape or form does this quantify as healthy. It might not be light, but boy oh boy does it tastes amazing and well jalapeño is a vegetable, right?!
My husband likes his tried and true staples that his mother has made all his life. Things like pot roast and hotdish top that list. He doesn’t often stick around to find out what I am making, as it is usually far out of his comfort box. The other night when I made this, he saw cheesy pasta and he was hovering over my shoulder the entire time.
I warned him that it would be spicy from the jalapeño because he is kind of a wuss when it comes to spice. He didn’t let that deter him from digging into a big plate of cheesy bacon and pasta goodness. He didn’t think the jalapeño was too spicy and in fact he loved the dish! That is saying a lot coming from this picky eater.
- 6 cups cooked al dente pasta, I used rigatoni, but cavatappi & penne are also good choices.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 jalapeño, divided in half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. shredded 3 pepper cheese, divided
- 1 c. shredded parmesan
- 3 thin bacon slices, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour until it creates a light brown paste. Immediately start adding the heavy cream slowly, whisking it after each small addition.
- Cut half of the jalapeño into thin circular slices and set aside. Finely dice the remaining jalapeño and add to the cream along with the garlic and salt. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Add 1/2 c. of the 3 pepper cheese and all of the Parmesan to the pot and cook just until melted.
- To the cheese sauce add the cooked pasta and stir to coat all of the pasta. Pour into a greased 9"x9" pan and top with the remaining cheese, slices of jalapeño and chopped bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g