Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Skillet is a quick and healthy 20 minute meal made with spicy noodles, vegetables and crunchy peanuts.
Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Skillet
Life is beautiful, but also very chaotic with twin newborn twins at home. I am loving on them and enjoying every minute, but sometimes a girl needs to eat! This Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Skillet is a perfect meal seeing it only takes 20 minutes and doesn’t make a bunch of dishes. The sink is full of bottles and pump parts, so there is no room or time for some intricate meal!
This easy skillet meal starts by sauteing a few chicken breasts in a pan and then adding in some fresh vegetables. A homemade Thai Peanut Sauce is added to the pan along with some chicken broth and rice noodles that cook up in a matter of minutes.
Top the Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Skillet with some chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro and you have a flavorful and healthy dinner ready in just 20 minutes!
The homemade Thai Peanut Sauce adds a great depth of flavor to this dish and you can customize it to your liking. Add or subtract some of the red pepper flakes to adjust the spiciness to you and your family’s liking. If time is of the essence though, you can always use a sore bought sauce to the recipe. Hit it with a little lime juice for some freshness that the store-bought sauce is lacking.
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 24 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 c. matchstick carrots
- 9 oz. box frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 c. Thai peanut sauce
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 3 oz, thin rice noodles (malfatti)
- 1/4 c. peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat sesame oil in a deep skillet and add the chicken breasts to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes and flip the chicken breasts. Add the onion, bell pepper and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Meanwhile, microwave the snap peas according to package directions.
- Add the chicken broth, Thai peanut sauce, rice noodles and sugar snap peas to the skillet of vegetables and give a quick stir making sure all of the noodle are covered in sauce. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the noodles are mostly cooked through. (The noodles will continue to cook from the heat of the dish.)
- Serve topped with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g