Spicy Veggie & Egg Scramble are a light and healthy breakfast full of spicy chipotle flavor, a creamy avocado sauce and fresh vegetables!
Spicy Veggie & Egg Scramble
My week has been complete chaos at work. We are moving our offices into another part of the building that was recently remodeled. It seems like anything that can go wrong, has gone wrong! We work in a bureaucratic world, so when people tell us something will be done on Tuesday, we plan for Friday. Even then, it seems some things just don’t happen on schedule.
We have been waiting for over two days to get locks put on the new doors and after many passed deadlines it finally happened yesterday. We moved all of our files, office supplies, small equipment, etc. into the new space yesterday…only to realized afterwards that they forgot to put a lock in one of the doors! I frantically made a phone call to security and after explaining how all of our possessions were unprotected, we were able to get someone to come back and finish the job. Thank goodness!
Moving is always stressful but I didn’t think moving down one floor would be that big of a deal. Needless to say I think I sprouted a few grey hairs in the process. I am very excited in the end that we have a fresh new office space. It is a serious upgrade from our outdated digs we left behind!
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1 c. baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 oz. manchego or parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 to mato, diced
- Blend the avocado, yogurt, chipotle and adobo sauce until smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile in a skillet over medium heat, cook the spinach and salt for 1 minute. Add the eggs and milk and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until the eggs are light and fluffy.
- Top the eggs with cheese and tomato and drizzle with the avocado sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g