Skinny Mini Zesty Meatloaves are a healthy & wholesome freezer friendly dinner full of hidden vegetables. A tender recipe for meatloaf is topped with an easy and bold mixture of ketchup and Heinz 57 for a unique take on a classic.
Skinny Mini Zesty Meatloaves
It is that time of year for meals in the field! Planting is almost over, but there is still plenty of work to do. Last week I decided meatloaf was on the menu as well as some One-Pot Rigatoni Alfredo and some cookies for dessert. The great part of this meatloaf is that it is deceptively healthy. I sneak plenty of veggies into the mix and the guys are none the wiser.
Life has been CRAZY lately. I came back from our Vegas blogger retreat with lots of inspiration and ready to tackle new projects. Coincidentally I had lots of other things on the docket to get done. Photo sessions to edit, extra long work days for the week and so much more.
I need quick and easy dinners when life gets ahead of me like this. These Mini Zesty Meatloaves are perfect for enjoying for dinner or freezing and storing for a last minute meal. Pack them up in resealable bags, toss them in the freezer and you have a delicious meal in a pinch any time!
- 1 lb lean ground beef, 93%-96% lean
- ⅔ c. carrots
- 1 small zucchini
- ⅔ small yellow onion
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- ½ c. oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp dijon
- 1 tsp salt
- Zesty Sauce
- 1/3 c. Heinz 57 sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- In a small bowl, mix the ketchup, dijon mustard and Heinz 57 sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Cut the carrot, zucchini and onion into large chunks and add to the food processor. Pulse until they are chopped into small pieces. To the vegetables add all of the remaining meatloaf ingredients and half of the zesty sauce. Pulse a few times, just until everything is combined.
- Scoop approximately ⅓ c. of the meatloaf mixture into each tin. Set your tin on top of a baking sheet to catch any juices that may run over and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Remove the meatloaves from the oven and top with a tablespoon of zesty sauce. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g