Roasted Squash & Sausage Ravioli is an easy weeknight comfort food with roasted butternut squash, onions and bell peppers tossed with sausage ravioli and a browned butter sage sauce.
Roasted Squash & Sausage Ravioli
It’s official, I am old. I came to this realization last night as I was watching the VMA’s in disgust. Let me count the ways in which I think the program was entirely vomit worthy and I would never let me children watch it…
First of all, let’s talk about what all these females wear. Is it just me, or does it seem like it is one big contest to see who can figure out how to strategically tape the least amount of fabric to their bodies to cover the essential lady parts?! What ever happened to leaving something to the imagination?
Speaking of girls trying to wear the least clothing possible, let’s talk about Milley Cyrus for just a second. My only hesitation I have with that, is that is precisely what she wants, for us to talk about her. The girl is just sooooo desperate for attention! I’m all for being yourself and being unique, but come on, at what point is it just pure desperation?!
Apart from her need for attention, her constant talk of drugs started to grate on me. Whether you believe in the legalization of marijuana or not, it just seems odd that almost every skit on a show, that is marketed to teens, was centered around drug use. Not exactly the message I would want my children seeing.
Last, but certainly not least, Kanye West. Apparently he is going to be running for president?! I would say that it is a complete joke, but given the fact that Donald Trump is actually polling well, I can’t put anything past voters. I just have to say, if Donald or Kanye are ever elected president, I think I might be moving to Germany…
Ok, I just had to get all that off my chest. 🙂 Now, on to much better things. This Roasted Squash & Sausage Ravioli is such a fabulous fall dinner. It is a simple meal with pre-made sausage ravioli tossed with roasted vegetables and an easy sage butter sauce. It is a must-try with all of the fall squash coming your way!
- 12 oz. sausage ravioli, prepared according to package
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 c. butternut squash, cubed in 1/2" pieces
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/3 c. white wine
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- On a lined baking sheet, toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes at 400°.
- In a large skillet, cook the butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until browned. Once browned, add the sage and white wine and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables and the prepared ravioli to the pan and give it a quick toss. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g