Protein Peanut Butter Truffles are an amazing 100 calorie treat with only 5 ingredients. They are packed with 5 grams of protein for healthy a dessert you can feel good about!
Protein Peanut Butter Truffles
By now I am sure most of you have heard of Peanut Butter Buckeyes. They are an amazingly delicious treat that tastes much like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I have made them a few different times and I promise you they are quite addictive!
One day as I was whipping up this treat, I glanced across the counter and noticed my jar of Protein Smoothie Booster and a light bulb went off. The protein mix has a similar texture to powdered sugar, one of the main ingredients in buckeyes, so I figured the mixture of peanut butter and the Protein Smoothie Booster might make for a similar consistency to the buckeyes. That is how these Protein Peanut Butter Truffles were born!
I set to work mixing up peanut butter and the protein mix and began taste testing. I realized quickly this was going to work out very well! If you aren’t a big sweets person, you can leave this as an easy four ingredient treat. If you prefer to sweeten things up a bit, a little bit of honey will do the job.
Furthermore, if you don’t feel like making a batch of the Protein Smoothie Booster, you can simply substitute four scoops of store-bought whey protein booster with one teaspoon of chia seeds.
These little Protein Peanut Butter Truffles are simple to make and store well refrigerated for a couple of weeks. To make the truffles, simply add the peanut butter, protein powder and honey to a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor you could use a hand beater instead.
Once the mixture is well combined, roll it into 15 small balls. Arrange the balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Once the truffles have chilled, coat them in a mixture of dark chocolate and coconut oil and return to the refrigerated. Once the chocolate is set in a matter of 15 minutes, they are ready to enjoy!
Protein Peanut Butter Truffles
Protein Peanut Butter Truffles are an amazing 100 calorie treat with only 5 ingredients. They are packed with 5 grams of protein for healthy a dessert you can feel goo
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. Protein Smoothie Booster, or 4 scoops whey protein booster + 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp. honey, (add more if your prefer it sweeter)
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Add the peanut butter, protein booster and honey to a food processor. (If you don't have a food processor you could use a hand beater with medium bowl instead.)
- Pulse the mixture until it is well combined. Roll it into 15 small balls and arrange them on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When the truffles have chilled, in a small bowl combine the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring vigorously each time. Microwave just until all of the chocolate chips have melted.
- Coat the chilled truffles in the dark chocolate, shaking off any excess. (If the chocolate begins to thicken while you are coating them, return it to the microwave for 20 seconds.)
- Place the truffles on a lined baking sheet and return to the refrigerator. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
This is creative!