Pressure Cooker Shredded Italian Beef is an easy no fuss Instant Pot recipe made with simple ingredients! Serve this beef along with your favorite veggies for a healthy low-carb dinner idea or pile it high on fresh buns for a delicious sandwich!
Pressure Cooker Shredded Italian Beef
This Pressure Cooker Shredded Italian Beef came to be after a work lunch my boss hosted. She brought lunch for the whole office and it was nothing short of amazing. She served a shredded Italian beef with buns and Dijon mustard along with a couscous salad and more. It was such a healthy and delicious meal I was craving it for days afterwards! I decided to make my own version in my Instant Pot to speed things along and still get all the great flavors of the peppers and beef.
It turned out so great that I decided to make it again when I was in charge of food for a friend’s bachelorette party. I was able to make it ahead of time and then serve it in a small Crock Pot. You could also just bring it to a gathering immediately after it is done cooking and turn your Instant Pot on the warming setting as soon as you arrive at the party.
I am so in love with my Instant Pot and how easy it makes a quick weeknight meal. This Pressure Cooker Shredded Italian Beef is no exception! Some of my other favorite dishes include Pressure Cooker Turkey Verde & Rice and Pressure Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles. They are all so easy and flavorful, I promise you can’t go wrong!
- 16 oz. jar Sweet Cherry Peppers
- 2 c. yellow onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 3/4 c. beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 lb. beef roast
- Remove 1/4 cup of the liquid from the jar of sweet peppers and add to your electric pressure cooker. Drain the remaining liquid and seed and chop the peppers. Add the peppers to the pressure cooker along with the onions, garlic, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Rub the beef roast with garlic salt and add to the pot. Cook on high for 65 minutes. Using a 10 minute slow release, open the pressure cooker.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the liquid and discard or refrigerate for another use. Remove the roast from the pot and place on a large cutting board. Using two forks, shred the beef into small pieces. Return the shredded beef to the pressure cooker and stir into the liquid. Serve immediately or allow to cool and store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- *My personal favorite, is to serve the hot beef on fresh buns with Dijon mustard.
- NOTE: If you are using an Instant Pot larger than 6 quarts, you will need to add more liquid to meet your pot's minimum liquid amount.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g