Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread is a delicious twist on classic banana bread recipe. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, a snack or dessert, it is a family friendly treat everyone will love!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
Peanut Butter & Chocolate is a beloved combo for a very good reason. The pairing of sweet and salty is a classic that I personally can’t get enough of. For this Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread, I started with my mother’s classic banana bread recipe, added in some peanut butter and dark chocolate chips and finished it off with some chopped salty peanuts. The combination of flavors and textures is to die for. The three loaves that I made may have disappeared WAY too fast!
I was craving something sweet and noticed that I had some overly brown bananas sitting on the counter. Obviously banana bread is the first instinct when it comes to over ripe bananas. Regular old banana bread just wasn’t calling my name though. As usual, I was wanting something with chocolate. I just so happened to have a big tub of peanut butter sitting my those bananas and the lightbulb went off. Peanut butter and bananas are a great combo so the three things together were a sure bet.
A made a few minor tweaks to my mom’s recipe to account for the added peanut butter and popped them in the oven. Just minutes after placing them in the oven I had the idea to add some chopped peanuts to the top for some great crunch. I quickly pulled them out of the oven and add the nuts and a few more chocolate chips to the top. I returned them to the oven and anxiously awaited the results.
Let me tell you, this Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread did not disappoint in the slightest. The texture was beyond amazing with a super moist sour cream and banana cake base. The peanut butter flavor came through just right and the warmed melted chocolate chips with the crunchy salted peanuts just put it over the top. This recipe is getting added to my regular rotation!
I added some pictures of this Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread to my Snapchat before a softball game. When I arrived at the game, everyone wanted to know what that delicious looking bread I made was. Needless to say, I will now be making a few loaves to bring with to our softball tournament to share this weekend.
- 1 c. butter flavored shortening
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- 4 medium over ripe bananas
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 c. creamy peanut butter
- 10 oz. pkg. dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. chopped peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl. Add the bananas, sour cream and peanut butter. Mix until just combined. Add the flour and baking soda and mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup chocolate chips and fold the remaining chips into the batter. Divide the mixture among 3 greased loaf pans, filling them ⅔ full. Top with with the reserved chocolate chips and chopped
- Bake for 1 hour at 350° or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container.
- NOTE: If making them into muffins, bake for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g