Peanut Butter Apple Crisp is a delicious and unique twist on the traditional dessert recipe. The classic combination of peanut butter and apples is transformed into a sweet treat with an oatmeal crust that is to die for!
Apple Crisp Recipe
Peanut butter and apples is my go to breakfast throughout the fall. I pick a big box of the delicious apples from our tree in the front yard and slice one up with a dollop of peanut butter.
The combination of tart apple with sweet creamy peanut butter is just the best! With the apples harvested for the year, it’s time for all the amazing apple dishes.
Fall Apple Recipes
Apple crisp is the easiest of all the apple recipes. Apart from peeling and slicing up the apples, making the oatmeal mixture is incredible easy. If you love the flavors of baked apples but don’t want to put all the work into making an Apple Pie, Apple Crisp is an amazing alternative!
Sweet & Salty Dessert
I started used my Mom’s traditional Apple Crisp recipe and increased the amount of apples and oatmeal crust for a thicker layer of apples and a bigger dish that serves 16!
The most notable change is the addition of creamy peanut butter. The apples are tossed in the sweetened peanut butter mixture and layered between oatmeal, brown sugar and butter crusts.
The salty addition of peanut butter is a fantastic balance to the sweet apple crisp.
Unique Apple Crisp Twist
If you are anything like me, you get bored making the same recipes over and over. While the traditional apple crisp is amazing, its fun to change things up and try something new every now and again.
This Peanut Butter Apple Crisp does that in the most delicious way possible! Serve it with a scoop of ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream and just as it is and you will have a dessert that everyone will be raving about.
More Unique Apple Recipes!
- Spiralized Apple Cranberry Salad – This fresh and healthy salad is perfect as a side dish or light lunch.
- Caramelized Bacon & Apples – Does it get any better than candied bacon and caramelized apples?!
- Apple Raisin Breakfast Casserole – This is a unique breakfast the family will enjoy for brunch.
- Pomegranate Apple Chicken Salad – This is one of my all-time favorite ways to make chicken salad. The crunch from the pomegranates and apples paired with a light Greek yogurt dressing is phenomenal.
- Apple Pie Spiced Waffles – Spice up your breakfast with this apple pie spin on your morning waffles.
- 1 1/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 c. baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. creamy peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and butter until a crumbly mixture forms. Spread half of this mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan and press down firmly to create a crust.
- Peel and slice your apples into and extra large bowl with cold water and lemon juice to prevent the apples from browning.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and vanilla. Cook over high heat, whisking regularly, until it is thickened. Remove from the burner and stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Drain the water and lemon juice off of the apples and pour the peanut butter mixture over them. Stir until all of the apples are well coated. Spread the apples over the oatmeal crust.
- Sprinkle remainder of oatmeal mixture over the apples.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- Store leftovers refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.