Light Thai Peanut Chicken Tenders are a healthy dinner idea bursting with bold and spicy Thai peanut flavors, paired with a simple two-ingredient sauce with creamy coconut milk!
Light Thai Peanut Chicken Tenders
I hope the rest of you got to enjoy a long weekend due tot he New Year! For me it was a gloriously lazy and somewhat productive four day weekend. I made some fun new recipes for the blog over the weekend and shared them on Snapchat. I love Snapchat and that is where I like to share all the behind the scenes action, so be sure to follow along!
It is very evident that a LOT of people are making New Year’s Resolutions to get healthy based on all the people visiting here for healthy recipes. The Healthy Weekly Meal Plans have been particularly popular this week. These are such a great resource if you are looking for someone to do all the work for you when it comes to planning healthy meals for the week.
These Light Thai Peanut Chicken Tenders are a great way to enjoy good food with your resolution. They are tasty and healthy and oh so good! Use the leftovers to pack for lunch at work along with a light salad and you have a win win!
I was so excited about sharing this delicious meal with you that I took far too many photos and I couldn’t narrow them down to just a couple to share. I am still loving putting everything I learned at the Pinch of Yum food photography workshop into good use. These chicken tenders were no exception! I hope you love them as much as I did!
- 2/3 c. light coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. raw chicken tenders
- 1/3 c. peanuts
- 2/3 c. panko break crumbs
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Olive oil non-stick spray
- Dipping Sauce
- Bottled peanut sauce
- Light coconut milk
- In a large re-sealable bag or container, combine all of the marinade ingredients with the chicken tenders. Give a quick stir or shake so everything is evenly coated. Refrigerate for 30 min to 12 hours.
- When you are ready to make the chicken preheat your oven to 400°.
- In a food processor add the peanuts and give a few good pulses until they are chopped. Add the bread crumbs, cilantro and spices. Give a few more pulses until the peanuts and cilantro are finely chopped. Pour the mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Remove the marinading chicken from the refrigerator. One by one, remove a chicken tender, wipe off any excess marinade with your fingers and coat in the breading mixture. Place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat the process until all of the chicken is coated. Spray the top of each chicken tender with a quick spritz of olive oil non-stick spray.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile mix 2 parts peanut sauce with 1 part coconut milk for a dipping sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g