Light Bacon Egg Salad Lettuce Cups are an easy and healthy low-carb lunch idea made with Greek yogurt and topped with crispy bacon for amazing flavor in just 15 minutes!
Light Bacon Egg Salad Lettuce Cups
Now that I have discovered hot to Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs in my Instant Pot, I am all about egg salad! It is an easy way to make a protein packed lunch that is light on calories when you substitute non-fat Greek yogurt for the bulk of the mayo. Some people take it a bit too far in my opinion and just leave out all of the mayo trying to be ultra healthy. I think the lightened up egg salad recipes still needs that little bit of zing, so I include a few tablespoons. I personally like to use this Smart Balance Mayo as a healthier option. It add to the flavor of these Light Bacon Egg Salad Lettuce Cups with a slightly tangy egg salad with crunchy green onions and topped with crispy bacon served on butter leaf lettuce for a light and healthy lunch idea!
This egg salad would also be great on some whole grain bread, but I was looking to make my meal as low-carb as possible. If you are craving the carbs…as I often am, grab some whole wheat bread and you will have a wholesome and delicious lunch that you will love! For a lower fat option, you could certainly use Turkey Bacon as a substitute for the regular pork bacon.
If you still have some hard-boiled eggs leftover from Easter, these Light Bacon Egg Salad Lettuce Cups would be the perfect recipe to use them up for a light meal!
- 3 Tbsp. mayo
- 1/2 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 leaves of butter lettuce
- Cook your eggs to hard-boiled perfection and cool in an ice bath.
- Meanwhile, cook your 4 slices of bacon in a skillet or microwave between paper towels. Crumble the cooked bacon and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, Greek yogurt, Dijon, vinegar, honey, garlic powder and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Peel and chop the hard boiled eggs and add them to the bowl. Fold together until everything is well combined.
- TIP: The mixture will thin out after it sits in the refrigerator for a few hours, so don't be alarmed if you think it is a bit dry.
- Serve the egg salad on a leaf of butter lettuce and top with bacon crumbles. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g