Cilantro Quinoa Corn Salad is a light and refreshing salad perfect for an easy packed lunch or a side salad for a cookout. This salad is a healthy combination of quinoa, corn, avocado and a light Cilantro Lemon dressing with a kick of spice from fresh jalapeños for a dish you will love!
Cilantro Quinoa Corn Salad
Happy Memorial Day! I hope you have the day off and that it is beautiful outside to enjoy some outdoor activities. Even if you just have a few moments to relax outside while the kids play or sip on a glass of wine in a lawn chair. It is a wonderful day to remember the people who defend our country along with spending quality time relaxing with friends and family! If you are attending a cookout and need a last minute dish to bring to the party, I have got you covered with this Cilantro Quinoa Corn Salad.
Quinoa is combined with fresh corn on the cob, jalapeños, tomatoes and creamy avocados and tossed in a fresh homemade Cilantro Lemon Vinaigrette for a light and delicious salad that is perfect as a side with some grilled steak or chicken. Personally I loved it all on it’s own and I packed up a container of this fresh goodness for lunches throughout the week!
Quinoa salads are a great lunch idea because they hold so well and can be enjoyed cold. If you need some more protein, add some shrimp, chicken or any other meat or even some black beans and cheese.
- 1/2 c. uncooked quinoa
- 1 c. water
- 3 ears of sweet corn
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced (less if you don't prefer much spice)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c. red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 batch cilantro lemon vinaigrette
- 1 avocado, chopped
- In a small saucepan, add quinoa and water and cook on high. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 10-13 minutes. Quinoa is done cooking when you see the tiny spirals curling around the grains. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Cut the sweet corn from the cobs and add to a bowl along with the cooled quinoa, jalapeño, tomatoes, red onion and vinaigrette. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped avocado and store refrigerated or serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g