Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup is a creamy and decadent soup recipe you can throw in your slow cooker and come home to an amazing meal that will warm you up on cold winter days! Wild Rice is a Minnesota staple and is best serve is a rich creamy soup.
Normally we would be suffering through snow storms and below zero temps, but it seems like the rest of the country is taking the brunt of the winter right now. I am not going to complain and quite frankly, I am rather happy about it! #SorryNotSorry
Listen, I don’t wish storms and blizzards upon anyone else, but I think it is about time us Minnesotans catch a break and get a mild winter. With that said, winter is by no means over, and my fingers and toes and arms and legs are ALL crossed and hoping we can make it through with the continued warm temps for an early spring for the farmers.
Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1/3 c. flour
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 1 lb. chicken breasts uncooked
- 1 c. matchstick carrots
- 1 c. celery chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3/4 c. wild rice uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- crackers optional
- Microwave butter for 1 minute, add flour and microwave for additional 45 seconds. Add it to the Crock Pot with the all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cream and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- minutes before serving, stir the cream into the soup so it is well incorporated. Allow to cook for 10 more minutes so the cream has a chance to warm through. Feel free to add less or more cream based on the consistency you prefer for your soup.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken breast into small pieces. Serve the soup topped with crackers.
More hearty soup recipes to keep you warm!