Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup is a creamy and decadent soup recipe you can throw in your slow cooker and come home to an amazing meal that will warm you up on cold winter days! Wild Rice is a Minnesota staple and is best serve is a rich creamy soup.
Normally we would be suffering through snow storms and below zero temps, but it seems like the rest of the country is taking the brunt of the winter right now. I am not going to complain and quite frankly, I am rather happy about it! #SorryNotSorry
Listen, I don’t wish storms and blizzards upon anyone else, but I think it is about time us Minnesotans catch a break and get a mild winter. With that said, winter is by no means over, and my fingers and toes and arms and legs are ALL crossed and hoping we can make it through with the continued warm temps for an early spring for the farmers.
Ok, let’s be real, the farm is just a bonus. I am just plain selfish and want to not freeze my butt off! 🙂
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/3 c. flour
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 c. matchstick carrots
- 1 c. celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 c. wild rice, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- crackers, optional
- Microwave butter for 1 minute, add flour and microwave for additional 45 seconds. Add it to the Crock Pot with the all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cream and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- minutes before serving, stir the cream into the soup so it is well incorporated. Allow to cook for 10 more minutes so the cream has a chance to warm through. Feel free to add less or more cream based on the consistency you prefer for your soup.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken breast into small pieces. Serve the soup topped with crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 1018mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.