Cheesy Green Chili Mini Corn Dog Muffins are an easy and delicious kid friendly recipe with a twist, perfect for a snack, lunch or even brunch! These fun little bites are perfect for children or adults who want a healthier version of the classic.
Cheesy Green Chili Mini Corn Dog Muffins
While it is slightly embarrassing to admit, I love a good frozen corn dog every now and again. Pop that frozen dog in the microwave and then finish it off in your Airfryer for warm crispy perfection! There really isn’t anything too healthy about the par fried kids eat, so I decided to satisfy my corn dog craving with a more grownup version of the classic. These Cheesy Green Chili Mini Corn Dog Muffins are all the great flavors of a corn dog in a healthier bite sized recipe with a bit of a twist.
These corn dog muffins are easy enough to make that your kids can help in the kitchen too! Simply whip up a mixture of pre-packaged cornbread mix with some green chiles, eggs, milk and salsa verde. Scoop it into a sprayed mini muffin tin and add a half of a cocktail smokie. Top them with some freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese and pop them in the oven.
These Cheesy Green Chili Mini Corn Dog Muffins come out of the oven smelling like an amazing blend of a Mexican Corn Dog! You could dip them in salsa, but honestly, I preferred the classic ketchup option. They make a large batch, but you can easily halve it if you are only feeding a couple of people, but you aren’t likely to have too many leftover!
If you do happen to end up with leftovers, these taste great reheated in your Airfryer! I honestly almost enjoyed them more reheated because the Airfryer got the outside cheese all nice and crispy. Make a large batch on Sunday and you will have an easy after school snack ready to reheat in just 5 minutes!
- 2 6.5oz pkgs cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. can green chiles
- 1/3 c. milk
- 7 oz. jar salsa verde
- 12 oz. pkg cocktail smokies
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Spray two large mini muffin tins with non-stick spray (48 mini muffins in total).
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, eggs, green chiles, milk and salsa verde. Mix just until well combined.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of the cornbread mixture into each mini muffin tin. Top with a half of a cocktail sausage and a pinch of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes minutes, or until the cornbread is set.
- Serve immediately with salsa or ketchup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g