Cheesy BBQ Pork Baked Sliders are an easy family friendly meal you will want to make again and again! Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork and creamy Muenster cheese is layered on Hawaiian buns and topped with a savory butter sauce for a dinner that is absolutely drool worthy.
Cheesy BBQ Pork Baked Sliders
Sliders are the BEST! I tried baked sliders a year ago and I was blown away at just how delicious they were. I was wondering why I hadn’t tried them sooner?! Then again, how can sweet Hawaiian buns topped with a butter and Worcestershire sauce not be amazing? I love me some Worcestershire sauce, despite not being able to pronounce it! It adds such amazing flavor to just about anything. It is an absolute must in Chex Mix as well as these Cheesy BBQ Pork Baked Sliders!
I had a pack of Hawaiian buns sitting around when I made a batch of Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork and I knew as soon as I tried the pork that the two belonged together! I also just so happened to have some sliced Muenster cheese from the deli on hand which was perfection for this combo. Havarti is a mild creamy cheese that melts particularly well, which is idea for these sandwiches.
If you don’t have Muenster, or just aren’t a fan, you can use just about any cheese, from Cheddar to Provolone. This meal is great, because just about everything you need is a pantry staple or can easily be found at your local grocery store. It is a great dinner idea for those last minute meals you need to whip together quickly!
I made homemade pulled pork in my electric pressure cooker, but this recipe would also work great with roasted pork or a tub of that pre-cooked shredded BBQ pork or chicken you can get at the grocery store. When I’m not in the mood to cook, I grab a tub of that to have on hand for my husband to make an easy sandwich for dinner. You can whip this recipe up in 30 minutes and have a meal the whole family will love!
Cheesy BBQ Pork Baked Sliders
- 12 pack Hawaiian buns
- 3 c. shredded BBQ pork
- OPTIONAL - 1/3 c. BBQ sauce
- 6 slices Muenster cheese
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Slice the Hawaiian buns in half while keeping all of the buns attached to one another. Remove the top of the buns and set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the buns in a sprayed 9x13 pan. Layer the shredded BBQ pork over the the buns and if the pork doesn't have much sauce on it, top with the optional 1/3 c. BBQ sauce. Layer the slices of cheese over the pork and top with the other half of the buns.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, mix the butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion flakes and poppy seeds. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Slowly pour the butter mixture over the top of the buns. Cover the pan with tinfoil and bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil from the top of the pan and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately.
More flavorful sandwich ideas!