Apple Cheesecake Crumble Bars are a creamy fall treat full of tart apples and decadently sweet cheesecake on top of a nutty granola crust for a spectacular dessert!
Apple Cheesecake Crumble Bars
This last weekend I held my annual fall mini sessions for my portrait photography business. I got lucky and the weather this year was great. Last year we froze our butts off and were bundled to the nines trying to stay warm. This year we were sweating our butts off with 90 degree weather!
I also had my two favorite people volunteer to help me out and assist with all the small children. My sister and Julie tagged along for sessions and were life savers. Between Julie chasing down 2 year old twins with no interest in photos, to me sitting in a pile of cockleburs while taking a shot, it was an interesting weekend.
Thankfully I had good people with me. Only a best friend will pick cockleburs off of your butt while you hustle to get the next shot. 😉 I mean, that is a good friend right there!
I really should make another pan of these bars for these wonderful ladies to thank them for their services. These creamy apple and cheesecake bars are sooooo good, they would make up for cockleburs and all!
- 1/3 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. apples, peeled and chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- In a food processor, add the butter, brown sugar, flour, quick oats, pecans, 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and salt. Pulse the mixture until the butter is evenly distributed. Press 2/3 of the mixture into a 9x9 non-stick pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg and flour until smooth. Pour the mixture over the crust and top with chopped apples and the remaining crust mixture. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until the cheesecake is set. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g