Turkey Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps are a light and healthy dinner idea packed with filling ground turkey, fresh vegetables and crunch peanuts. You will make this easy 15 minute recipe over and over because it is just so easy and delicious!
Turkey Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps
Does anyone else kind of turn their nose up at lettuce wraps? I know they are an ultra healthy way to wrap up your meal for a low carb dinner, BUT many times I have had them in the past, I felt like I was really missing a certain heartiness that comes from carbs. I love light and healthy meals like Beef & Broccolini Bowls or Skinny Cowgirl Veggie Burgers but those all have a certain hearty element that makes them satisfying. So often when I have had lettuce wraps filled with nothing more than veggies and chicken and it just doesn’t do the job.
These Turkey Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps are a whole different story though! They are full of ground turkey that is simmered in a rich and spicy Thai Peanut Sauce that is TO DIE FOR! The peanut sauce and chopped peanuts bring that hearty element to the dish that so many other lettuce cups are missing. I don’t even miss a tortilla or bread with this dish, it is perfect just the way it is!
Thai Chili Peppers are another fun element to this dish that I love. If you don’t have access to them or don’t want to run to the store for a new ingredient, you can easily swap them for dried chili flakes. You can also top them with any crunchy veggies you have on hand for some freshness and crunch. Cucumbers or bell peppers would be other great additions apart from the carrots and green onions.
Not only was this a fantastic dinner idea, but it works great for leftovers as a lunch too! I packed up the meat in one container and all the veggies in another and then just popped the meat in the microwave to heat it up. I quickly assembled my lettuce cups and I had a flavorful and filling lunch in a matter of a few minutes. That is winning in my book!
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. chopped thai chili peppers, deveined and seeded
- 1 c. Thai Peanut sauce
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ⅓ peanuts, chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce
- handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Add sesame oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook and crumble for 2-3 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid and add the peppers and thai peanut sauce. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes over low.
- Serve the turkey mixture in butter lettuce cups topped with carrots, green onions, chopped peanuts & cilantro.