Roasted Squash & Cranberry Salad is a flavorful vegetarian salad loaded with roasted butternut squash, creamy goat cheese, crunchy almonds and dried cranberries with a homemade Roasted Garlic & Lemon Dressing for a healthy dinner that will satisfy all your senses!
Roasted butternut squash, with it’s nutty flavor and creamy texture, makes just about anything better in my book. I love it in this Roasted Squash & Goat Cheese Pasta, but I was looking for a lower carb option this time around. This salad with it’s bright citrus flavors, balanced by the hearty squash and sweet cranberries and goat cheese was perfection!
My husband went out for a movie and dinner this last weekend and had a great time. I ordered the butternut squash pasta in a brown butter sage sauce and was in heaven. I started the meal with a flight of Chardonnay that I ordered while my husband was in the restroom. When he arrived back at the table and saw three glasses of wine sitting in front of me, he definitely gave me some side-eye. But hey, it really only equals one glass…not that he was hearing any of that! 🙂
We ended up seeing American Sniper and we both loved the movie. We went to the late showing and didn’t expect it to be so full because it didn’t get out until midnight, but we were very wrong. The theater was jam packed and when we all ushered out at the end of the movie, you could have heard a pin drop it was so quiet and somber. I thought it was a great depiction of some sad realities though.
- 4 c. cubed squash in ½" pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 c. mixed greens
- 1 c. roasted garlic & lemon dressing
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- 1 c. green onions, diced
- 4 oz. garlic & herb soft goat cheese (chevre)
- ½ c. slivered almonds
- Toss the cubed squash with olive oil and arrange on a cookie sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350°. Remove the squash from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the mixed greens with dressing and top with cranberries, almonds, green onions, goat cheese and finally squash. Serve immediately.
More delicious salads you will love!