Pressure Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles is the best 30 minute Pressure Cooker recipe you will make! Lean chicken breasts are cooked in a homemade spicy Thai peanut sauce and finished off with rice noodles and peas for an easy and healthy one-pot meal made in your Instant Pot.
Pressure Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles
I’m not going to lie, I am quite proud of this recipe! It is so good on so many levels. The idea came to me after using my Instant Pot for a bit realizing that the extra liquid was always boiling after cooking the meat. I put that together with the fact that rice noodles are cooked by letting them set in boiling water as opposed to how traditional noodles are boiled. That resulted in this Pressure Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles recipe where you cook the chicken in a thai peanut sauce, open your electric pressure cooker to add the noodles and peas and then cover it back up and leave it on the slow cooker mode.
The end result is the most tender and flavorful chicken with a rich Thai peanut sauce with just enough noodles for a healthy and semi low-carb recipe. The peanuts and peas are optional, but they add a nice crunch and color to the otherwise brown dish. This wholesome meal is something that you will not only feel good about eating, but you will keep coming back for more, because it tastes so good!
While I love making simple roasts or chicken in my Instant Pot, it is fun and challenging for me to come up with complete one-pot meal. Whether I am cooking up Pressure Cooker Turkey Verde & Rice or this Pressure Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles, the electric pressure cooker is hard to beat in the convenience it provides as well as the tender fall apart meat it produces!
- 1½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. Thai peanut sauce
- ¾ c. chicken broth
- 5 oz. stir-fry rice noodles
- 1 c. sugar snap or snow peas
- optional garnishes - chopped peanuts, red pepper flakes, green onions & cilantro
- Turn your electric pressure cooker to saute and lightly saute the peas for 1-2 until just slightly cooked. Remove peas and set aside. Turn off of saute.
- Add the chicken, Thai peanut sauce and broth to the pot. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Release the steam by turning the nozzle and remove the chicken from pot, leaving the sauce. To the sauce, add the noodles and ensure all of the dry noodles are submerged in sauce. Top with the peas and replace the cover as quickly as possible. Change the settings to slow cooker (normal), and cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are soft but firm.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Remove the lid of the pressure cooker and give the noodles a good stir. Add the chicken back to the pot with the noodles. Cook on slow cooker mode for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.