Light Peach & Berry Tart is a lightened up dessert loaded with an orange, cream cheese and Greek yogurt layer and topped with fresh peaches and berries for a spectacular sweet!
Light Peach & Berry Tart
Peach season is officially upon us! Whether you sign up for a crate of Elberta peaches at your local grocery store to preserve or you just enjoy lots of great recipes with fresh peaches like Grilled Peach, Honey Goat Cheese & Spiced Pecan Salad or Balsamic Chicken with Peaches & Prosciutto, it is undoubtedly a wonderful time of year. I’m excited to be sharing this delicious Light Peach & Berry Tart with you today along with an additional 14 peach recipes from some of my favorite food blogs!
This Light Peach & Berry Tart starts out with a nutty pecan crust made with whole wheat flour. It is an amazing base to the light orange flavored Greek yogurt and cream cheese layer topped with fresh fruit. You definitely don’t want to skip over the pecan goodness. It is what MAKES this dish!
I used fresh peaches and blackberries for this particular dessert, but you could substitute just about any fresh fruit to change up this delicious tart. Strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, blueberries and oranges would all be great choices. If any of these fruits happen to be out of season when you come across this recipe, you could also use canned peaches or mandarin oranges for a winter-friendly dessert.
My husband loves blackberries, so I have them on hand in the refrigerator quite a bit. They are also a beautiful compliment to the golden peaches with their deep dark purple color. If you have kids who don’t like the seeds in berries, skip over these with something more kid friendly like grapes for example.
For more peach goodness, don’t forget to check out the additional recipes below. There is everything from a savory pizza to cocktails and desserts. You are sure to find lots of great ways to put your peaches to good use!
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- ⅓ c. butter, melted
- ½ c. whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 peaches, sliced
- ½ c. blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. orange preserves
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Combine the pecans, flour, butter and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined, being careful not to chop the pecans too fine.
- Press the pecan mixture into a greased tart pan and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar, orange zest and vanilla until smooth. Spread the cream mixture in the cooled pecan crust and top with the peaches and berries.
- In a small bowl whisk the orange preserves and orange juice and brush over the top of the fruit on the tart.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve chilled. Store refrigerated up to 48 hours.
Grilled BBQ Pulled Pork & Peach Pizza from Bread Booze Bacon
Peach Cobbler Loaf Cake from I Heart Eating
Peach Bourbon Arnold Palmer from Kleinworth & Co.
Peach Margarita Sorbet from Cooking with Curls
Peach Rose Tarts from Home.Made.Interest.
Raspberry & Peach Cobbler from Sugar & Soul
Light Peach & Berry Tart from The Creative Bite
Peach Vanilla Jam from Celebrating Sweets
Sparkling Peach Cucumber Lemonade from Life is but a Dish
Grilled Peach Bellini from Nomageddon
Peach Shinesicles from Frugal Foodie Mama
Easy Peach Cobbler from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Peach Ice Cream from Liz on Call
Peach Sangria from Around My Family Table
Grilled Peach Panzanella Salad from A Simple Pantry