Light Cheeseburger Quinoa Skillet is a healthy dinner idea loaded with nutritious quinoa, lean meat and packed with bold cheeseburger flavor! This easy skillet dinner gives you all of the delicious flavors of a cheeseburger in a guilt-free and protein packed meal.
Dinners like this are just what I need these days with life being a bit chaotic. I haven’t had a chance to cook a lot of dinners the last couple weeks, but when I have, they needed to be easy, tasty and healthy. This skillet fit the bill!
Apart from a few good dinners that I enjoyed leftovers for a few days, I have been eating a lot of Subway and convenience meals this week with the move. These types of foods can get really old, really fast, but I do have to say, I tried the new Subway Turkey Italiano tonight after volleyball and I AM IN LOVE! Seriously, so much better than a plain old turkey sandwich.
But of course not as good as this steamy hot, homemade, cheesy quinoa goodness… 🙂
Our moving process is already in motion, but we are getting down to the wire with things getting finished up around the house. We literally had four different crews at our house today. An electrician, a carpenter, a flooring installer and furniture deliverymen. While our house is pretty big, it was a zoo with that many men trying to get their work done!
I am so beyond excited to get moved in this Saturday. Our house has really come together nicely and it is everything I had dreamed of and even more! I can’t wait to share lots of before and afters with pictures galore here when it is all finished up.
- ½ lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- ½ lb. 96% lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. seasoning salt
- 1 c. diced onions
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1½ c. low-sodium spicy V8 vegetable juice
- 1½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. quinoa, uncooked
- 1 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar
- ¼ c. dill hamburger pickles, roughly chopped
- In a deep skillet over medium-high heat, cook meat, onion and seasoning salt for 5-6 minutes until meat is browned. Remove meat mixture from the pan and add broth, juice and quinoa. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the meat mixture and diced tomatoes to the quinoa and cook covered for an additional 10-15 minutes or until quinoa is sprouted. Top with cheese and pickles, cover and cook for an 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
21 Day Fix Approved Recipe – 1/2 Red, 3/4 Green, 1 Yellow, 1/2 Blue
More healthy quinoa dishes!