Healthy Peanut Butter Apples Crisp for Two is the perfect dessert recipe for two with tart apples, creamy peanut butter and crunchy granola crumble. If you are looking for a light and easy dessert, this apple crisp is just the thing!
I had some extra apples in my last Bountiful Basket that I needed to use up and was craving something sweet. Apple pie sounded fantastic, but I really didn’t want to murder my healthy eating game plan, so I opted for something healthier.
Peanut butter and apples are a classic combination, so I figured why not make it into an apple crisp? I had never had an apple crisp with peanut butter, so I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. I didn’t want to make it overly sweet and add loads of sugar. With just a bit of honey, some lemon juice and a pinch of cinnamon, this simple but delicious apple crisp came together in no time and tasted fantastic.
If you are riding solo and just want to make enough for yourself, the recipe easily divides in half so you can enjoy this well-rounded treat any time! With 6 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein, it will fill you up while satisfying your sweet tooth.
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 apples, chopped into ½" pieces
- ¼ c. old fashion oats
- 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, peanut butter and honey. Fold in the chopped apples until they are well coated.
- In a separate bowl, using a fork, combine the oats, 1 Tbsp. peanut butter, cinnamon and salt until the mixture is crumbly. Divide the apple mixture between two greased ramekins and top with the oatmeal crumble.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Serve immediately.
More healthy treats!