Tropical White Chocolate Energy Bars are loaded with healthy grains, nut butter, coconut, macadamia nuts and sweet dried fruits all drizzled with white chocolate for a balanced energy bar that is decadently delicious! Grab one of these energy bars from the freezer for a quick breakfast or snack that will you up and leave you feeling satisfied.
I know I am horrible at planning ahead for breakfast. I never leave enough time and don’t have the right foods on hand to make a good breakfast. That is why I like planning ahead and making these energy bars. I can whip up a batch on the weekend, pop them in the freezer, and grab one on the go during the work week.
No more need to grab a packet of oatmeal or even worse, a danish or bagel from the convenience store. Spend a twenty minutes making these energy bars and you will thank me on weekday mornings when you are running out of the house and only have twenty seconds to throw some breakfast in your bag!
Tropical White Chocolate Energy Bars
- Tropical Energy Bars
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 1/3 c. coconut
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed (optional
- 3/4 c. nut butter peanut or almond are both good
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds optional
- 1/2 c. dried fruit finely chopped (cranberries, apricots, pineapple, dates, etc.)
- 1/4 c. macadamia nuts chopped
- 1/3 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine everything except the white chocolate and coconut oil, until all the grains are moist. Press into a loaf pan and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool completely and remove from the loaf pan by gently releasing the edges with a butter knife and flipping the pan over.
- In a small bowl, microwave the white chocolate and coconut oil for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Drizzle the bars with the white chocolate and allow to cool until the chocolate is no longer shiny. Cut into 10 bars and store in the freezer in an airtight container.
More protein packed snacks!