Cranberry Cream Cheese Bruschetta are a fresh and unique twist on the classic appetizer. Toasted french bread is topped with whipped cream cheese and a spicy cranberry salsa for an hors d’oeuvre perfect for any holiday party!
Cranberry Cream Cheese Bruschetta
Crostini are pretty much my favorite appetizer. From this Caramelized Onion & Cheddar Crostinis with Prosciutto Wrapped Apples to Cheesy Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Crostini, they are just such an elegant way to serve up an hors d’oeuvre. Crostini in Italian means “little crusts”, so it is basically a crusty piece of bread topped with whatever your heart desires. Bruschetta basically has the same meaning from what I understand, a grilled piece of bread topped with good stuff. Either way you slice it, these little cranberry cream cheese bites are mind blowing!
I have to admit, as I was assembling them, I thought they looked pretty and all, but wasn’t 100% sure my idea would pan out in the taste department. Boy oh boy was I wrong to doubt these! I may or may not have devoured the entire platter of these as a dinner… Low carb diet say what?!
Oh well, the combination of whipped cream cheese with this slightly spicy cranberry salsa infused with orange and lime flavor all on top of a piece of french bread that was crusty on the outside and still chewy on the inside was AMAZING! Ok, that was a mouthful, but just trust me and take the plunge. Make a platter of these for your holiday get-together and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 loaf crusty french bread
- olive oil
- 12 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1 batch Spicy Cranberry Salsa
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Slice the loaf of French bread at a diagonal, into ¼ inch thick slices. Layer the slices of bread on a lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes, or until the bread is slightly toasted. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Top each slice of bread with cream cheese and a tablespoon of cranberry salsa. Serve immediately.