Ultimate Chorizo Meatloaf is a hearty dinner full of ground beef, chorizo, sweet corn and lots of veggies! Take your meatloaf to the next level with this spicy and flavorful recipe that is sure to be a winner.
Ultimate Chorizo Meatloaf
Sweet corn season is in full swing and our household couldn’t be more excited about it! We are fortunate enough to have a big sweet corn patch my family planted on the edge of a field directly behind our house. Whether I need to steal an ear for this Ultimate Chorizo Meatloaf recipe or we are making a full meal of sweet corn soaked in butter and salt, it is the epitome of fresh summer goodness!
When a fresh vegetable is in season like sweet corn, you can never find too many recipes to use it with. That’s why I’m excited to be teaming up with eight other bloggers today to bring you some great new recipes for your sweet corn! From Mexican Style Easy Corn Chowder to Grilled Corn Salsa, we’ve got a little bit of everything.
One of the must-trys is this Ultimate Chorizo Meatloaf. It is a great twist on the classic with chorizo incorporated into the ground beef and it is studded with so many crunchy vegetables, you won’t be able to resist it!
- 1 lb. 96% lean ground beef
- 9 oz. uncooked chorizo, broken into small pieces
- 2/3 c. carrots, grated
- 2/3 c. sweet corn, roughly 1 ear
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c.. oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp. dijon
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 1/3 c. yellow onion, diced
- 2/3 c. ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. chopotle powder
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using your hands, combine all of the meatloaf ingredients until they are well mixed. Press the mixture into a free form meatloaf on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes,
- Spread the sauce over the meatloaf and return to the oven to bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until it is cooked through in the center. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
More great sweet corn recipes!
Sausage & Egg Rice Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Grilled Corn Relish from Cooking with Curls
Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Dip from Home.Made.Interest.
Fully Loaded Chorizo Meatloaf from The Creative Bite
Yakitomorokoshi from Nomageddon
Grilled Corn Salsa from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Mexican Street Corn Salad from Liz on Call
Chicken & Corn Soup from Around My Family Table
Mexican Style Easy Corn Chowder from A Simple Pantry