Balsamic Chicken recipe is an easy and simple 30 minute dinner idea. These flavorful and juicy chicken breasts pair perfectly with roasted vegetables for a healthy and delicious meal.
I am excited to bring you a new series here on The Creative Bite, called Taste Tested. Every so often, I run across a recipe from another talented food blogger that has a recipe that tastes so good I would love to share it with all of you. Taste Tested is going to be the place to share those recipes along with other food items or tidbits that are just too good to keep to myself. Today’s Balsamic Chicken comes from The Cookie Writer!
Balsamic Chicken Dinner Recipe
When I saw this recipe from The Cookie Writer, I knew I had to make it right away. Balsamic, garlic and chicken all baked together into one easy and delicious Balsamic Chicken. How could you go wrong?! I popped some of these awesome Balsamic Dijon Roasted Root Vegetables in the oven while the chicken was baking for an amazing dinner loaded with tangy balsamic flavor.
Not only was this a delicious dinner, but it was a healthy meal with less than 400 calories!
Easy Meal Prep Recipe
The best part of this meal was that it made plenty to pack for lunches for the week. I whipped out my trusty containers and packed up some chicken and vegetables into the containers for easy lunches that were so much better than anything from dining services! I love when I have a tasty meal packed in my work refrigerator that I look forward to for lunch instead of running around trying to find something at dining services at the last minute.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. whole grain mustard
- dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Layer the chicken between two pieces of Saran wrap. Using a rolling pin, pound the chicken evenly until it is 1/2 inch thick.
- Combine the chicken and remaining ingredients in a resealable bag and give it a good shake. Massage the bag with your hands to coat the chicken well.
- Arrange the chicken in a 9x13 dish in a single layer and pour any excess marinade on top of the chicken.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
Chicken can marinate in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
Recipe Originally found on The Cookie Writer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 32g