This post brought to you by Campbell’s Soup Company . The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Creative Bite.
Red Wine & Pancetta Risotto is made with the new Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth for the perfect balance of flavors and salt in this delicious side dish. Pair it with a chicken breast and salad for a wonderfully wholesome meal.
Red Wine & Pancetta Risotto
I have been wanting to make risotto for a very long time. It is one of my favorite things to order at Italian restaurants and there have been numerous times I wished I could make it at home. The last time I decided I was going to tackle it, it turned out that my local grocery store didn’t carry arborio rice. I noticed that they finally caught up with current times and are currently carrying it. I snagged a container of it along with some pancetta and this awesome new Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth and I was on my way.
I typically always go for low-sodium chicken broth when cooking, but this new Unsalted Chicken Broth is an even better option for someone like myself who doesn’t like to overdue the salt in recipes. I already planned on adding salty cheeses and pancetta which is loaded with salt, so this Swanson® broth gave me the option of controlling the salt content and not overdoing. After adding all the salty elements I was able to taste test the risotto and add salt accordingly to season the dish just right.
Whether you are making a recipe that calls for water and you want to add more flavor by swapping it out for chicken broth in one easy step or you are just cutting back on your sodium intake, this broth is an exciting new product. It has the perfect balance of chicken, vegetables, herbs and spices to round out the flavor of the food it’s cooked with. To keep up with all the exciting new products from Swanson® be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram, at @Swansonbroths.
Risotto is one of those dishes that scares lots of people off from making it, including myself for many years, but it is actually a very simple process. If you have 30-40 minutes to dedicate to the risotto so it comes out creamy and delicious, you won’t be disappointed and you will be pleasantly surprised at just how easy it really is!
Pair the risotto with a chicken breast and a salad for a wholesome and delicious meal you can feel good about. My family who are normally meat and potato kind of people, loved this dish with the bold flavor and added crunch from the crispy pancetta!
- 4 oz. pancetta, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. Arbiorio rice, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 3/4 c. Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth
- 1/3 c. red wine
- 1 c. extra sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Gorgonzola
- salt to taste
- In a Dutch oven or deep skillet, saute pancetta over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove the crisp pancetta from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the rendered fat in the pan along with the rice and garlic. Toast the rice over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth to the pan and stir continuously until the liquid is all absorbed. Add 1 more cup of chicken broth and continue stirring until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the final 3/4 c. chicken broth and 1/3 c. red wine to the pan. Stir continuously until the liquid is all absorbed. Add the cheese and salt to taste. cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve topped with the crispy pancetta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g