Light Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad is an easy and simple side dish loaded with fresh vegetables and finished off with a Greek yogurt ranch dressing.
Light Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad
I recently bought a bag of Ranch Campanelle pasta from The Pasta Man, our local gourmet pasta vendor. It is so exciting to be able to say that, living in RURAL Minnesota! We don’t have many, if any other, LOCAL gourmet vendors that I am aware of. It is a campanelle shaped pasta speckled with ranch flavorings. You can make this Light Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad with any pasta you would like, but I just liked the extra flavor and bite that the homemade pasta gave it. Whole wheat pasta is a great healthy option as well. So many people steer clear of whole grain pasta, but when it is coated in a flavorful and creamy sauce like this, they won’t even notice.
Pasta Salad with Ranch Dressing and Parmesan
I wanted to keep this salad simple and light but didn’t want to skimp on the flavors. I used a combination of a light ranch dressing and non-fat plain Greek yogurt to get the zing from a traditional dressing but make it go further without all the fat and calories. This came out so creamy and delicious you would never know it was made with healthier ingredients. This makes a really big batch, so it is a great side dish for a holiday meals and pot lucks.
We were recently celebrating a holiday at my in-laws and it was just a small gathering so I cut the recipe in half and made it with whole wheat pasta. It still made a nice big bowl and went over really well with some of the picky eaters! I didn’t tell them it was lightened up with Greek yogurt. 😉
What you need to make Light Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad
- Light ranch dressing
- Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green onions
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad
- 1 jar Marzetti light ranch dressing
- 1 c. Non-fat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 12 oz. Pasta, preferably something with ridges to hold onto the sauce
- 1 tub Cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Cucumbers chopped
- 2 bunches Green onions diced, the whole onion except the root
- 1 c. Matchstick carrots
- ¾ c. Shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Begin by cooking the pasta to your liking; I prefer al dente for pasta salad. Once cooked, strain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Toss the pasta in a large bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, carrots and cheese. In a separate medium bowl, combine the Marzetti ranch, Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the pasta and vegetables and fold together until well combined. Let chill for one hour and serve cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.
Coleen Koehl says
LOVED the melding of these flavors in this pasta salad! New hit for us!
Julie Evink says
You can never go wrong with a pasta salad in my opinion! We loved this one and will be on our regular rotation!
Melissa Howell says
This would be perfect for summer! Why are you taunting me with this in the middle of winter? 🙂
Malinda Linnebur says
This is one of my all time favorite pasta salads!! And I love how it’s lightened up!