Light Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Peppers are an amazingly simple stuffed pepper recipe made in your slow cooker for a healthy dinner idea. I love a good stuffed pepper, but sometimes I don’t have the time or rather, don’t WANT to take the time to roast the peppers and make the filling after work.
These stuffed peppers however, are a breeze! Fill them up with the delicious taco seasoned beef and rice mixture, toss them in your Crock Pot in the morning and come home to a perfectly tender sweet pepper ready for dinner.
I am so totally and completely overwhelmed by our house remodel. When I walk into the house I just feel stressed out by all of the things that still need to be done and frankly the price I am going to have to pay to get them done! I always used to think that I would love building a house from scratch and getting to make all of the design decisions. I take it back. I take it ALL back!
I already can’t wait for it to just be done. Whether I am deciding to do pendant lights or not, what type of backsplash to go with, or the paint colors, I am worried I am going to regret my decisions. These are epic problems people. Don’t you feel so sorry for me and my home remodel…. haha, I know, I know. #FirstWorldProblems
On a bright note, many decisions have been made, most of which I am not questioning, and things seem to be coming along. I am thrilled to see it all come together in the end and will be sure to share the results with you.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef, 93%-97%
- 1 c. brown rice, cooked
- 2/3 c. corn
- 1 1/2 c. salsa
- 1 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 c. zuchini, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2/3 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- In a medium bowl combine ground beef, rice, corn, salsa, Greek yogurt, zucchini, green onion and taco seasoning until well mixed.
- Slice off the top of each pepper and set aside. Scoop out the seeds and fill with beef mixture.
- Spray your Crock Pot with non-stick spray and set your stuffed peppers inside. Top each pepper with the tops of the peppers. Cook the peppers on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Serve topped with avocado and queso fresco.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1453mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 10gSugar: 12gProtein: 32g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.
21 Day Fix Approved Recipe – 1 Green, 2/3 Yellow, 2/3 Red, 1 Blue