Light Creamy Chinese Chicken Salad is a quick and simple lunch recipe made with Greek yogurt and loaded with veggies for a healthy meal you will love! This is one of those meals you can whip up on the weekend and have fresh and flavorful lunches for the entire week. Just top it with some crunchy Chow Mein noodles and almonds and you are ready to enjoy this flavorful and healthy chicken salad with a Chinese twist.
Growing up, there weren’t many of my mom’s dinners that I loved. That isn’t to say she isn’t a great cook, because she it, but she cooked meat and potatoes “farm food” for the most part. That has just never been my thing. I was considered the picky eater growing up because of this. One meal I do remember being excited about was Chicken Chow Mein.
There wasn’t much cooking going on there, because it was the stuff out of the can. Now looking back, I kind of can’t believe I liked that stuff. That goey mess isn’t exactly my favorite anymore, but there is one thing about any Chow Mein that I will always love, and that is the crispy noodles!
This healthy chicken salad is filled with carrots, Edamame, green onions and sugar snap peas, mixed with a creamy chinese spiced Greek yogurt and topped with crunchy almonds and Chow Mein noodles. It is the perfect grown-up twist on the nostalgic Chow Mein we enjoyed as kids!
Light Creamy Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1/2 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. Smart Balance light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4. tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp. spicy mustard
- 2 c. cooked chicken cubed
- 1/2 c. carrots matchsticks
- 1/2 c. Edamame shelled
- 1/3 c. green onion
- 1/2 c. sugar snap peas halved
- 1/4 c. Cilantro
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds toasted
- 1 c. crispy Chow Mein noodles
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayo, rice wine vinegar, salt, Chinese five spice and spicy mustard. Fold in the chicken, carrots, Edamame, green onion, peas and cilantro. Store refrigerated and top with almonds and noodles right before serving.
More great chicken salads!