Chipotle Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas with Pineapple Pico de Gallo are a light and fresh meal that is on the table in less than 30 minutes! While they pack a punch of flavor, they are light on fat and calories!
After eating almost a half batch of Pineapple Pico de Gallo with my favorite multi-grain chips around 4pm, I decided I should probably incorporate it into a real meal and add some protein. I scoured through my refrigerator and noticed that I had some Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese spread on hand. Normally I just use this creamy goodness on some pretzel chips for a light snack in the mid-afternoon, but I thought it would be great in a grilled quesadilla as well! That is how these delicious Chipotle Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas were born.
I enjoyed these so much, I made them two days in a row. The first day, I used a pre-seasoned fajita chicken breast I had on hand. You can make these with a plain grilled chicken breast, or just add a little taco or fajita seasoning for some added spice.
The second day I didn’t have any more chicken on hand, so I made them with just the cheese and they were still great. This would make a great vegetarian option for those not wanting to eat meat.
Click HERE for the easy Pineapple Pico de Gallo recipe.
Light Chipotle Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas with Pineapple Pico de Gallo
- 4 whole wheat 8" tortillas
- 1 pack 8 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle cheese spread
- 1 lb chicken breasts grilled
- 1 Tbsp taco or fajita seasoning optional
- 1 batch of Pineapple Pico de Gallo
- Pound out each chicken breast so it is tender and grill until cooked thoroughly, about 4 minutes on each side. I used pre-marinated chicken breasts from the deli section, but you could just use plain chicken or season it with a bit of taco or fajita seasoning.
- Spread two wedges of cheese on half of each tortilla. (I have found that the Carlita brand tortillas crisps up nice for a wheat tortilla, which some other brands do not.)
- After the chicken has cooled for 5 minutes, slice up each breast into thin strips and place on top of the cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and spray each side with pan spray or brush with olive oil.
- Grill the quesadillas on each side for 2 minutes until crispy and hot.
- Remove from the heat and slice into three sections. Serve with a generous helping of Pineapple Pico de Gallo piled on top!
More easy meals with bold flavors!