Hot Ham & Cheese Roll Ups are a savory recipe made with flaky crescents and topped with a zesty onion and butter mixture, perfect for a quick and easy 30 minute family-friendly dinner!
Hot Ham & Cheese Roll Ups
These Hot Ham & Cheese Roll Ups made with flaky crescents are TO DIE FOR! They are a slightly elevated version of a childhood favorite with a buttery onion sauce brushed on top for added flavor. I like to use a better cheese like sliced Muenster as well for an extra kick. I’m not a big fan of the processed cheese slices. My favorite part of these crescent rolls is the yummy cheese that oozes out and caramelizes onto the baking pan. It’s crunchy and oh so good!
How to Make Hot Ham & Cheese Roll Ups
The best part of this recipe is that you can customize each one to make them kid and adult friendly. If the kids aren’t into as adventurous flavors, just add some ham and mild cheddar and forgo the butter sauce when you are rolling theirs up. For the adults, choose from your favorite cheese like pepper jack, sharp cheddar or whatever else you like, to make them your own. The buttery onion sauce is my absolute favorite and really takes them to the next level.
I used the Grands Big & Buttery Crescents for this recipe because it adds so much more flaky crescent goodness to the rolls. If you are using regular crescents, you will want to cut back on the baking time just a little.
Easy 30 Minute Dinner Recipe
These come together so quickly with only 5 ingredients and they are the perfect easy recipe for a last minute weeknight dinner. You can even let the kids get involved and help roll them up! Every child I know loves nothing more than getting to help Mom and Dad in the kitchen. While it might make it take a little longer, it is worth having them learn how to cook. If it’s just you making these Hot Ham & Cheese Roll Ups, from start to finish they are ready in just 30 minutes!
Hot Ham & Cheese Roll Ups
- 8 oz. pkg thin sliced ham
- 8 oz. pkg thick sliced cheese NOT processed cheese
- 12 oz tube Grands Big & Buttery Crescents
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Separate all of the crescents and top each one, on the wide half, with a slice of cheese and some ham. From the the wide end, gently roll each crescent up and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Microwave the butter and onion flakes in a small cup for 30 seconds. Brush the butter and onion mixture over each roll up.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- *If you are using regular crescents, you will need to reduce the baking time slightly.