Greek Meatball & Veggie Skillet is a hearty but healthy skillet filled with lean ground beef and spinach meatballs and roasted vegetables, topped with feta for a delicious and wholesome dinner recipe the whole family will love!
Have you heard of the 21 day fix? It is a nutrition and fitness plan from Beachbody that is suppose to whip you into shape for the summer and jump start weight loss. I am usually never a fan of the latest diet trends, but a friend mentioned this to me and after looking it over, it looking like something I would enjoy. Well, enjoy might be an overstatement, but tolerate and appreciate the results from, might be a better way of putting it! 😉
The nutritional aspect of the diet is that you fill each colored container with a given food group, vegetables or proteins for example. Depending on your weight and activity level, you get an allotted number of each container every day. In short, it is basically a reduced-carb, high protein diet with lots of vegetables and some fruit. I can get on board with any well-rounded eating plan like that!
I am getting started with the 21 Day Fix next week, but whipped up these meatballs as a test run and they were fantastic! You can find lots more 21 Day Fix Approved recipes HERE!
Don’t forget to check out the awesome $400 cash giveaway I am hosting along with many other great bloggers around the web. See the details below!
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. feta
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a large ovenproof skillet with non-stick spray and over medium-high heat, cook onion until translucent. Add the spinach and garlic and cook for an additional minute or until the spinach is all wilted.
- Dump the mixture into a large bowl and add the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 of the lemon juice, oregano, cumin, salt and 1/2 c. feta. Combine the mixture with your hands until everything is blended, being sure to not overwork the meat. Roll the mixture into 1" meatballs.
- Give the pan another coat of non-stick spray and add the meatballs, cooking for one minute on each side, rotating until all sides are cooked.
- Top the meatballs with the chopped veggies and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink in the center. Cooking times will vary on the size of meatballs.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and top with the remaining 1/2 c. feta and remaining lemon juice. Give a rough stir and serve immediately.
- *Serving suggestion - Serve with a spinach salad or a side of quinoa tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, tomatoes and feta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 844mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 35g
21 Day Fix Approved Recipe – 1/6 Yellow, 1 1/3 Red, 2/3 Blue, 1 Green