Chicken, Bacon & Feta Roulade is a surprisingly simple and healthy dinner idea made with a tender chicken breast wrapped around a bacon, feta, thyme and caramelized onion filling.
Chicken, Bacon & Feta Roulade
Chicken is my go-to protein and I am always looking for a fun way to change it up. The idea of a chicken roulade always intrigued me, but at first glance it seemed time-consuming. In all reality, it ended up being super simple and a fantastically easy dinner!
This recipe is great because you can make a nice meal for one or prepare enough for the whole family. You start by pounding out the chicken breasts until they are a quarter inch thick. Spread a 1/3 cup of the mixture across the chicken and fold the two sides towards the center and roll the chicken into a roulade.
Using toothpicks, secure the chicken in place. Store the chicken refrigerated for up to 24 hours or cook it up for dinner on the spot!
You can transfer the chicken right to the oven to bake them, but I prefer to saute them in a hot skillet first to brown the outsides and then transfer them to the oven to finish the cooking process. After cooking the chicken, allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This chicken pairs great with some asparagus and rice or if you go are looking for more of a comfort dish, mashed potatoes and corn work great too. No matter what you serve the chicken with, it will make for a memorable meal that you will surely make again!
- 2 chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp bacon crumbled
- 4 Tbsp feta
- 4 Tbsp Caramelized onions
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Place the chicken breast in a large resealable bag and using a meat tenderizer, pound out the chicken breast evenly until it is a quarter inch thick. Spread a 1/3 cup of the mixture across the chicken and fold the two sides slightly towards the center and roll the chicken into a roulade.
- Using toothpicks, secure the chicken in place.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, cook the chicken on each side for 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g