Cheddar Bacon Loaded Hashbrown Patties are cheesy bacon and onion hashbrowns, topped with creamy sour cream and chives for the perfect appetizer or side dish.
Cheesy hasbrowns are a family favorites, but instead of making a huge batch of hasbrowns in the oven, I decided to whip up these little patties in a skillet for a delicious side dish.
I have been a little MIA around here because I am on Christmas break. It has been less break and more house work really. I have been painting up a storm at our new house. I started with whitewashing the fireplace. I can’t lie, I was very scared I would ruin the fireplace, but the 70’s brick needed a face-lift big time! I didn’t want to just paint it, because I am not a huge fan of that look, whitewash on the other hand seemed appealing.
I watched numerous YouTube videos and read countless blog tutorials and finally felt prepared to take the paint to the brick. When it was all done, I was very happy with the look (excuse the horrible cell phone pictures!). It just dulled the dark brick slightly and freshened the room up. Now I just need to get rid of that horrible black granite and replace it with some reclaimed wood for a warmer look.
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 2 c. thawed hasbrowns
- 1/2 c. onion diced
- 2/3 c. cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. cream cheese, whipped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- olive oil for frying
- sour cream for garnish
- chopped chives for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients until well combined. Form into two inch balls and flatten with your palms to create a patty.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add a Tablespoon of olive oill. When the oil is hot, add four patties to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Repeat the process, adding oil each time, so the skillet is not dry.
- Place the cooked patties on a paper towel and serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of chives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.