Baked Chipotle Ranch Wings are spicy chicken wings baked to crispy perfection in the oven with a dusting of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning. These crispy wings are tossed in a delicious chipotle ranch sauce for a lightened up game day appetizer!
Hidden Valley Ranch Wings
My husband and I both love wings. They are particularly enjoyable when we kick back on Sundays and take in a good football game. Sometimes we order them out and other times we opt to make them ourselves. The beauty of making them yourself is that you know exactly what goes into them!
Baked Chicken Wings
There is no need to smell up your house with oil from a deep fryer with these wings. To get a nice crispy oven-baked wing, simply pat dry all of your drumettes and wings and toss them with a little baking powder and Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning in a large re-sealable bag.
The baking powder will help the skin of the chicken crisp up nice and golden brown and the ranch adds great flavor. After a trip to the oven for an hour, you will have a beautiful golden brown wing just like these!
Crispy Wings Using Baking Powder
If you are afraid you will taste the baking powder, don’t be! After the wings get a toss in the spicy chipotle ranch sauce, you won’t detect the slightest hint of it. The sauce starts with a jar of fire-roasted salsa and is balanced out with some lime juice, ranch seasoning, honey, vinegar, butter and chipotles in adobo.
While it may seem like a long list of ingredients, it couldn’t be any easier to prepare. Simply toss the ingredients in your sauce pan and heat through for 6-8 minutes. Using an immersion blender, give the sauce a few passes until it is blended smooth.
Chipotle Salsa Wing Sauce
In the biggest bowl you own, add half of the sauce and half of the wings and toss until the wings have a nice coating of chipotle ranch sauce. Repeat this process until all of the wings are sauced. Serve with your favorite Hidden Valley Ranch on the side. I opted for the Light Ranch for a light and easy option.
You will be left with a generous amount of chipotle ranch sauce that you can freeze for your next batch of wings or enjoy with a chicken breast or pork loin for an easy dinner later in the week!
More great wing recipes
If you are looking to add a nice spread of wings to your next game day get-together or holiday party, here are some more delicious wing recipes.
And don’t forget the dipping sauces for your wings!
Baked Chipotle Ranch Wings
Baked Chipotle Ranch Wings are spicy chicken wings baked to crispy perfection in the oven with a dusting of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning. These crispy wings are tossed in a delicious chipotle ranch sauce for a a lightened up game day favorite!
- 3 lb chicken drumettes & wings
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- Chipotle Ranch Sauce
- 16 oz. jar fire roasted salsa
- 1 Tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce finely chopped + 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. butter, 1/2 stick
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing for serving
- Preheat your oven to 250°. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and top with a grate. Spray the grate generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use paper towels to pat the chicken dry as best you can. Toss the chicken in a large gallon bag with the baking powder and 1 Tbsp. ranch seasoning until they are evenly coated. Arrange the chicken on the grate skin side up. Bake at 250° for 30 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 425° and bake an additional 30 minutes until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan, add all of the sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth.
- Add half of the sauce to an extra large bowl along with half of the wings. Toss until all of the wings are coated and repeat with the remaining wings.
- Serve with your favorite Hidden Valley Ranch dressing!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Claira Verdin says
Wow! I want some of these right now. Great photos. I love hidden valley ranch, no other ranch compares.
Annemarie @ justalittlebitofbacon says
These look so good! I love the idea of putting baking powder on the wings so they crisp up more without the deep frying. And I always love chipotle flavoring. 🙂
Danielle Green says
Thanks so much Annemarie! Chipotle is a go-to of mine as well. 🙂