Apple & Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake starts with a box mix, but with the addition of sour cream, pecans and fresh apples, it takes an ordinary muffin mix and transforms it into an amazing coffee cake! A moist cinnamon batter studded with tart apples and toasted pecans makes for simply irresistible breakfast everyone will love.
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake has been one of our family’s favorite breakfast treats for as long as I can remember. Unlike my family who would happily eat the same favorite meals forever, I get easily bored always making the same thing time after time. I decided to try a new fall spin on coffee cake made from a box mix when I ran across Cinnamon Streusel box mix in the store. I thought it would pair perfectly with our abundant harvest of tart apples and rich pecans.
Thank goodness for another great apple season and the bushel basket we have in the garage of nice tart apples we continue to enjoy. The winds have been pretty brutal a few days over the last couple weeks and have blown a good amount of the apples off the tree and on to the ground for the dog to enjoy. We have salvaged the rest for our own delicious apple treats though!
- 1 Pkg Betty Crocker Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Mix, it is important that you purchase this particular mix
- 2 large apples, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 c. chopped pecans
- ⅔ c. sour cream
- 1 egg
- ⅓ c. milk
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, hard
- Preheat oven to 400°. Open muffin box mix, remove the contents and set the streusel packet aside.
- Mix sour cream and egg until well combined, then stir in milk gradually. Add in the white muffin mix to the sour cream mixture just until moistened, being sure not to mix too much.
- In a separate bowl, combine the streusel packet, flour, cinnamon and butter with a fork until a course crumble forms.
- Pour the sour cream mixture into a greased 8x8 pan. Top with the chopped apples, pecans and streusel.
- Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: This recipe easily doubles into a 9x13 pan for a larger crowd.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g