Turkey Egg Roll Bowl with Creamy Sriracha is an amazingly healthy and easy 20 minute bowl of goodness perfect for lunch or dinner! Sauteed cabbage, carrots, onion and ground turkey are tossed with an Asian inspired sauce and topped with a creamy Greek yogurt sriracha mayo sauce.
I am excited to be teaming up with Jennie-O to bring you today’s healthy recipe!
Turkey Egg Roll Bowl with Creamy Sriracha
Who doesn’t love a good egg roll?! That crunchy, greasy finger food is oh so delicious…but not so much healthy. For this easy dinner, I took all the great flavors of an egg roll and put it into a healthy Turkey Egg Roll Bowl with Creamy Sriracha made with Jennie-O extra lean ground turkey breast for a light dinner that tastes great and is so good for you.
The fantastic part about a dish like this is that it brings in lots of bold flavors from ingredients such as Hoisin sauce, ginger and garlic without all the fat and calories. When you are working with an especially lean meat like this Jennie-O turkey, which thankfully has incredibly little fat, it is important to bring in flavors elsewhere. This recipe certainly isn’t lacking in the flavor department!
The finishing touch to this awesome bowl is a creamy sriracha sauce made with non-fat Greek yogurt and a touch of mayo. This spicy sauce along with crunchy green onions and sesame seeds top off an already amazing mixture of healthy vegetables and turkey. The flavors are bold, the texture is crunchy and the nutrition is on point. It is a serious must-try!
If you are anything like me, you can enjoy a big bowl of this Turkey Egg Roll Bowl with Creamy Sriracha and know you are getting lots of healthy veggies and lean ground turkey…then go have a big piece of dark chocolate to balance things out. 😉 Life is all about balance you guys! We take the time to prepare healthy and delicious meals like this so we can indulge in a sweet for dessert and not feel the slightest bit guilty!
Not only does this dish make for an amazing dinner, the leftovers are absolutely fantastic for an easy lunch you can reheat in the microwave at work. When cooking the dish, I prefer to leave the cabbage and carrots with some crunch still left in them which is great for reheating. Instead of being left with a big bowl of mushy vegetables, which is always disappointing, it keeps a great texture you will love.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 c. diced yellow onion
- 1 lb. Jennie-O extra lean ground turkey breast
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. fresh ground ginger (or 1 tsp. ground ginger powder)
- 3 c. chopped cabbage, chopped
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 1½ Tbsp. sriracha
- 1½ Tbsp. mayo
- 2 Tbsp. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 green onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, add the sesame oil, onion, Jennie-O turkey and soy sauce. Using a wooden spoon, saute and break the turkey apart for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Add the garlic, vinegar, 1 Tbsp. sriracha, Hoisin sauce, ginger, cabbage and carrots and stir until well combined. Turn the heat down to low and simmer the mixture covered for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the sriracha, Greek yogurt and mayo.
- Serve the turkey and veggie mixture in bowls topped with green onions, sesame seeds and a drizzle of the creamy sriracha sauce.