Roasted Jalapeño, Pineapple & Chicken Tenders are juicy pieces of chicken breast wrapped up with a slice of jalapeño and pineapple in a flavorful piece of bacon served with a spicy szechuan Greek yogurt sauce. These make a great appetizer recipe or a fun and healthy dinner idea!
I am completely obsessed with these little guys. I got a pineapple in my last Bountiful Basket and was dreaming up ways to use it. I rummaged through my fridge and found a jalapeño, some chicken and bacon. The combination sounded great, so I assembled these little beauties with what I had on hand, popped them in the oven and couldn’t wait to try one.
The juicy pineapple paired so wonderfully with the roasted jalapeño and bacon. It seemed impossible that I was eating something baked with fruit which was pretty healthy. The half piece of bacon goes a long way in adding a ton of flavor to the other lighter ingredients.
They were good all on their own but I love dipping sauces, and these chicken tenders were calling for one. I mixed up some szechuan sauce and non-fat plain Greek yogurt and it was the perfect balance of bold spice and creamy coolness from the yogurt.
Whether you are planning a party to watch one of the big basketball games and looking for a great finger food, or want to change up your boring chicken dinners, these tenders are a must try! Feel free to leave out the jalapeño on some for those with milder taste buds.
- 1 lb breasts
- 5 slices of thin bacon cut in half
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ small pineapple, cut into long chunks
- ¼ c. Szechuan sauce
- Dipping Sauce
- ½ c. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Szechuan sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 9 even strips. Top each piece with a wedge of fresh pineapple and a thin slice of jalapeño. Wrap with a half slice on bacon and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all chicken is wrapped. Brush each piece of chicken with szechuan sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (Cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken tenders.)
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt and 2 Tbsp. szechuan sauce in small container and store refrigerated.
- Serve chicken tenders hot from the oven with dipping sauce.