Pressure Cooker Turkey Verde & Rice is an easy 40 minute recipe made in your Instant Pot with only five ingredients! This healthy dinner idea is packed with bold flavor from salsa verde and full of wholesome brown rice and tender turkey tenderloins for a quick and delicious meal you will love.
I am excited to be teaming up with Jennie-O to bring you today’s healthy recipe!
Pressure Cooker Turkey Verde & Rice
Turkey tenderloins are such a healthy protein with only 100 calories and 1g of fat per serving. They are the perfect way to make a light low-fat meal while infusing your flavors of choice. For this Pressure Cooker Turkey Verde & Rice l I used a jar of salsa verde to add some bold flavor to this quick and simple meal in my 5-in-1 cooker. I bought my pressure cooker about five years ago and never really used it much seeing I originally bought it just for it’s slow cooker function. At the time I bought it, I didn’t really know how to use it, so it sat in the closet and collected dust.
Now that Instant Pots are all the rage, I have taken it out of the closet and it’s been put to good use. I have made everything from Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles to BBQ Pork and now this healthy turkey and rice dish. There is basically nothing better than an easy meal all made in one dish! One of my favorite things in life is cooking while making very few dishes and this dish is a real winner in that department, not to mention how great it tastes!
The absolute best part about pressure cooking is that it leaves your meat beyond tender. You will be amazed at how juicy and tender this turkey loin is when you slice into it. The flavors of the salsa verde infuse the turkey lightly for a little kick along with the brown rice. Add a bag of steamed veggies and you have a complete meal deal that the whole family will enjoy.
If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet, I highly recommend you give it a try! There are countless ways you can make delicious 30 minute meals in this fantastic cooking device.
- ⅔ c. chicken broth
- 1¼ c. long grain brown rice
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1½ lb. Jennie-O turkey tenderloins
- ½ c. salsa Verde
- ½ tsp. salt
- Add the chicken broth and rice to your 5 or 6 quart Instant Pot. Top with the sliced onions, turkey and salsa verde. Sprinkle with salt and close the lid.
- Close the vent to "pressure cooker" mode and set on high for 18 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, and the cooking is complete, do NOT open the lid. Let the pot sit for 8 additional minutes. After 8 minutes turn off the Instant Pot, open the lid and the turkey and rice is ready to serve.
- Optional - garnish with fresh cilantro.