Pressure Cooker Cheesy Italian Rice & Meatballs is a quick and easy recipe made in your Instant Pot with frozen Gold’n Plump Chicken Meatballs for a hearty weeknight dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
Pressure Cooker Cheesy Italian Rice & Meatballs
I love the taste of meatballs made from scratch, but sometimes it just isn’t realistic when you are confined by time and energy. Weeknight dinners tend to be quick and easy because I just don’t have the gumption to slave over the stove after being away from home for 10 hours. That’s when convenient pre-packaged foods like these Gold’n Plump Chicken Meatballs come in really handy for dinners like this Pressure Cooker Cheesy Italian Rice & Meatballs!
The Gold’n Plump Chicken Meatballs come in two varieties, including Homestyle and Pesto Italian flavors. They can be found in the freezer section and are made of coarse-ground 100% quality boneless skinless thigh meat raised with No Antibiotics—Ever and only real ingredients. These meatballs provide exceptional bite and texture without the fillers and artificial flavors found in many other frozen meatballs. They are the perfect choice for a quick and delicious meal for the family.
I stocked up on a few bags of these in my deep freezer for my maternity leave that is coming up any week now. I plan to toss them with some spaghetti or add them to some baked potatoes for a quick and easy protein. I will be limited in how often I can make it to the grocery store with two babies at home, so convenient frozen foods like these are a must!
If you haven’t already jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon, you are missing out! It is such a quick and easy way to make delicious meals. There are so many Pressure Cooker recipes where you can just throw everything in the pot, let it cook and have a meal on the table in no time. This Pressure Cooker Cheesy Italian Rice & Meatballs is no exception.
Basmati rice is tossed the Instant Pot with sautéed onion and bell pepper and topped with water, diced tomatoes, a pinch of salt, marinara and frozen Gold’n Plump Chicken Meatballs. It is set for 3 minutes with a 10-minute natural release and your dinner is about ready to enjoy. Simply fold in the grated Parmesan cheese with the rice and meatball mixture and top with shredded Mozzarella. Allow the cheese to melt for a few minutes and your family friendly meal is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ c. chopped bell peppers (your choice of color)
- 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ¾ c. water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 c. marinara
- 1 c. Basmati rice
- 1 package (18 oz.) Gold'n Plump Chicken Meatballs - Pesto Italian Flavor
- ½ c. grated Parmesan
- 1 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Turn your 5 or 6 quart electric pressure cooker on to Sauté and add the olive oil to the inside pot. When the oil is heated, add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, water, salt and rice. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Top the rice mixture with the marinara and meatballs, being sure NOT to stir.
- Manually set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 3 minutes and turn the knob to seal.
- When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then turn the knob to vent to release the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and top with Mozzarella cheese. Return the lid to pot for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately!