Peanut Butter & Chocolate Dream Bars are a rich dessert loaded with creamy peanut butter and topped with a chocolate and oatmeal crumble for an easy and decadent bar that will disappear in no time!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Dream Bars
I have one of the best bosses a girl could ask for. She is kind, compassionate and flexible all while having the respect of everyone in the office. Perhaps one of her best qualities is that she brings us sweet treats on a regular basis! 😉 Whether it is cupcakes from scratch, homemade bread with preserves or inviting us to her house for appetizers and drinks, we can always count on her for good food and company!
A few months ago she brought these bars to work. She calls them Aunt Martha’s bars because the recipe came from someone’s Aunt Martha at some point. I thought Peanut Butter & Chocolate Dream Bars were a more fitting name seeing these bars truly are what dreams are made of!
The first time she brought these bars to work, I was doing my best to stick to my healthy foods for the day. I couldn’t be rude though, so I had to sneak one little bite to give them a try. I was immediately obsessed and couldn’t get enough. I think these bars now rival my childhood favorite Caramel Oatmeal Bars!
The bars start with a mixture of oatmeal, butter and brown sugar for a crust and are slathered with a creamy peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk mixture. They are topped off with that same oatmeal mixture along with some chocolate chips for am amazingly simple and easy dessert. I used these new DelightFulls baking morsels for a fun peanut butter and chocolate twist but normal chocolate chips would also work just as well.
- ¾ c. butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 2 c. oatmeal, quick oats
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ c. DelightFulls peanut butter chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ c. creamy peanut butter
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl and add the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt. Mix until crumbly mixture forms. Press ⅔ of the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk and spread over the crust. Top with the remaining oatmeal crumble and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
More decadent desserts!