Chicken, Bacon & Feta Roulade is a surprisingly simple and healthy dinner idea made with a tender chicken breast wrapped around a bacon, feta, thyme and caramelized onion filling.
Chicken, Bacon & Feta Roulade
Chicken is my go-to protein and I am always looking for a fun way to change it up. The idea of a chicken roulade always intrigued me, but at first glance it seemed time-consuming. In all reality, it ended up being super simple and a fantastically easy dinner!
This recipe is great because you can make a nice meal for one or prepare enough for the whole family. You start by pounding out the chicken breasts until they are a quarter inch thick. Spread a 1/3 cup of the mixture across the chicken and fold the two sides towards the center and roll the chicken into a roulade.
You can transfer the chicken right to the oven to bake them, but I prefer to saute them in a hot skillet first to brown the outsides and then transfer them to the oven to finish the cooking process. After cooking the chicken, allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This chicken pairs great with some asparagus and rice or if you go are looking for more of a comfort dish, mashed potatoes and corn work great too. No matter what you serve the chicken with, it will make for a memorable meal that you will surely make again!
- 2 chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp bacon crumbled
- 4 Tbsp feta
- 4 Tbsp Caramelized onions
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Place the chicken breast in a large resealable bag and using a meat tenderizer, pound out the chicken breast evenly until it is a quarter inch thick. Spread a ⅓ cup of the mixture across the chicken and fold the two sides slightly towards the center and roll the chicken into a roulade.
- Using toothpicks, secure the chicken in place.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, cook the chicken on each side for 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.